Sunday, December 03, 2006

Friday 1st December - Mayor's Visit

Well, here we are, the first of December, Christmas just around the corner, on a day off, and I had to go into work to cover a colleague who's on time off. 12 hour day shift.The local town mayor visited my site today, everyone in full pomp & circumstance mode. I didn't see her though, as I let her in through the electronic gates, and the her car went straight to the second building, parked up, and the mayor was met by the site manager. I had a long talk with her chauffer though, a really nice man called John, who had a cup of tea with me as he was waiting for the mayor to finish her duties. Other than that, nothing to report really, other than I lost a customer today through no reason other than, I think, he needs to save money for Christmas. Hopefully, he'll rejoin me next year.

Hate losing customers! Had one complaint from a non paying customer (Don't ask) who needed help in setting up her submitter account. Time spent on business today - about 45 minutes. Time spent on my job- 14 hours, including travelling.

No comments: