Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday 21st September - Pondering Life


Thanks for the comments yesterday guys - please be assured that they're really welcome at the moment.

I'm letting the new mortgage application trundle through it's process, but only as a last ditch, desperate, thing. Hopefully, I'll pull this thing off, and I'll be able to urn around to the new company and say "thanks, but no thanks."

As I spent most of yesterday wasting my life away at work, I got to thinking about how I got in this position, and whether I could have done things differently.

I don't think I could.

You see, I moved down here with just £40.00 left from my last Midlands month's wages, and I've never recovered the situation back from then. The house took virtually every penny I had back then, and that's before I'd even moved here. Debt from Day 1 in Norfolk, and now, ten years on, this is where I find myself.

And, it's other things too. Such as, when the heating system runs out of oil in a cold January - do I pay the mortgage, or miss a month and keep the house warm? And what do I do when the heating oil runs out again 6 weeks later - instead of three months later - or the car breaks down - or whatever else.

It seems that I can pay a mortgage, or run the house, but I can't do both together. That's why I have to earn £100 a day, every day, for the next 7 years. Both to run the house, and pay the mortgage, AND put away emergency reserves.

And I can't do that working for someone else, can I?

Okay, enough whinging. I'm off to work.

This original posting can be seen at:
http://www.itsmymarket.com/blogs/knightrider45/

No comments: