
Finished work at 7am this morning and I've now got 6 days off before returning to work next Monday, on the new shift, on days. I've taken 2 days off as well as my normal 4 days rest to get ready for Scan day tomorrow.
So, I'll be glad when tomorrows over, obviously. I and my wife, The Wise One, are planning on hitting QE at 8.30 am tomorrow morning. If you're around QE, and see an M reg Green Volvo in the car park, we're there! Then, its waiting for DDay Plus 7 when I get the results.
What else to tell? Well, I think the Teenage One may have got us in a bit of bother yesterday. The Wise One went into work early at 6.30am, and when this happens, she rings the Teenage One to get her up for school.
This went to plan. At 7.30, the phone rang, woke me up as well, I heard the Teenage One talking on the phone, and then general noises as she started mooching around.So I went back to sleep.
Then the phone went again. This was followed by frantic rushing around, some general teenage comments, and some furious activity. The next thing I know she was waking me up, asking me to take her and her friend to school!
Problems! The Wise One had the car at work. My Nissan is still poorly on the drive, neglected, mot-less, and without a battery. School bus missed. A friend stuck at her house witing for her friend, my daughter, to call for her. One Missed school bus.
No school for my daughter and her friend. Rules broken because at her school, the parents have to ring up if the kids don't go to school. I didn't ring because I was still in bed. So the school rang here yesterday, and the Teenage One answered the phone. Oh dear!
Bad Dad!
But, for my defence, I will say that my increased Anti Depressant dosage is making me sleep like I haven't done for years. The tablets are making me totally carefree about most things. I don't even bother about going to work anymore (Now that, in itself, is a miracle). Thankyou Big Boy and Letty - I wish I'd known you years ago before things got so bad.
Two Miracles, sort of, this last week to tell you about. Firstly, that incredible pain on my left side I've had for weeks, has suddenly vanished, without treatment. Now that's strange. This pain resulted me in going to the doctors, being sent for a chest xray, and then suddenly goes after the xray shows up problems. Was that a miracle, forcing me to investigate further, then disappearing when I'd got myself checked out? Maybe someone's looking after me up there after all.
And the second one? Well, I was in a quiet period in one of my night shifts, feeling sorry for myself admittedly and having a quick cigarette at the back door of the office I work in. Must have been about 2am. I was on my own, and I heard this rustling from the side of the building.
Then this baby deer came into sight, not noticing me at first. He came to within 2 or 3 feet of me before he noticed me. He didn't run away straight off, we had eye contact for a couple of minutes before he turned and fled.
A baby deer in an industrial area where there's no woods, not for a couple of miles anyway? I've never seen this before, neither has anyone else to my knowledge. Is this a meaning for me? And why didn't he flee straight away when he saw me?
See, miracles do happen, even in my normal, chaotic, stressed out and debt ridden life.
Isn't life Wonderful?
Paul
This original posting, including any replies, can be found at:http://www.itsmymarket.com/blogs/knightrider45

No comments:
Post a Comment